Arrange this list of things in order based on how much they cost:
- SQL Server Standard Ed. licensing for four cores
- SQL Server Enterprise Ed. licensing for one core
- One typical day of employee time
- One week of a team’s time (4 people)
- 64GB of memory
- 256GB of memory
- A mirrored pair of 1TB SSDs
Without searching the web for prices, put those items in order. Do it on a scratch piece of paper – first estimate how much you think each one costs, then put them in order.
How does this impact the way you do performance tuning, and what solutions you try first?
For my answers, search for “The Answers” on this page, and read my comment.